Welcome

Welcome to my blog
WARNING:
There is a posibility that there will be many rants filling these pages
Have a great day:D

Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Just Another Manic Monday

Six o'clock already, I was just in the middle of a dream....

This was true of my day this morning, started off bright and early, well maybe dark and early, but the sun still came out in it's own due time.

So after the commute up to Kelburn I went to my Logic tutorial which was good, it helped put some pieces of the assignment together. Then after that was my GEOG lecture, again alright, informative as usual, but nothing amazing.

I spent my break reading Salient over lunch, getting some Logic assignment out of the way (which felt good not leaving it until Thursday) and spent the last hour doing the Mega Arrowword whilst listening to the conversations around me. How people put up with the Emma chick is BEYOND me. Emma and her friends left and 3 people from the Hutt sat down and were talking about their weekends and their geo assignments. 'Twas quite interesting compared to how boring it sounds.

Then this is when my day starts getting good (or better anyway). So we are in Calculus going over Integration and solid shapes, which I love because I remember it from last year. So it's a cruisy-ish lecture, except he is determined to explain things the long way. Then Sue comes over and gives me a copy of the assignment that she printed off for me and a jar of homemade marmalade. Yes you read correctly, to thank me for writing notes for her when she was away. So while we didn't have Calc cake day I feel that the sharing of food is still a standing Calc tradition.

Then it's the one I don't like as much, Logic. It's not that its hard, but I can only stand the lecturer in small doses, but we do a few easy induction examples, one of which featured every mathematicians favourite numbers, Fibonacci. He also stated that anyone who isn't a mathematician is a 'mere mortal'. Can always trust Colin to come up with those sorts of lines.

And the best bit: Logic was only 30 minutes instead of its prescribed 50 minutes due to the fact that Colin 'couldn't be bothered'. So I take this opportunity to retrieve last weeks assignments. Who got 20/20? 
I DID :)
So not only did I have short classes and good results, but I got home extra early and didn't have to travel in peak times, which for any Wellington commuter would know is a real pain.

In other news, I'm not a short film star, no acting classes required. I'm just that talented lol. And that's not even the best of it. My superstar moment was skipping down Tonks Grove with my trusty balloon and managing to put in a few twirls WITHOUT falling over.I was channeling the child within.

http://www.youtube.com/user/superteddy28#p/u/0/wojw1vYBMJY

So yeah, a great day for me :)


9 comments:

  1. ahahaha!
    a jar of marmalade?
    thats friggin' awesome XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, blogging although you had already done your logic assignment? Am I sensing another assignment left undone? Or are you miraculously in a blogging mood without procrastination?

    Does that mean mathematicians aren't mortal?

    I am so crashing one of those Logic lectures. When I'm not sick and super busy of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always assignments to be done, thanks to constant weekly assignments, as well as notes. The list never ends, but what's new?
    The main purpose was to brag about my jar of marmalade.

    Apparently mathematicians are at the top of the chain of being. He is forever saying "Assuming you are a mathematician prove ...., because let's face it, if you weren't a mathematician you wouldn't care. For that fact, I don't really care either because I know it's true".

    And yes please do come along. Monday, Thursday, Friday 4pm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, weekly assignments. I should probably look up what mine is since I skipped the last 2 stats lectures.

    And of course people who aren't mathematicians don't care, they don't need to care. Isn't that what mathematicians are for? To care so that everyone else doesn't have to?

    I'm thinking Thurs would be a silly idea since I finish at 1, so it's a toss up between having a super long Mon and getting home later on Fri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just let me know, both Mon and Fri I'm in there for Calc at 3 as well.

    See that's one good thing of me doing maths, I'm doing it for everyone else. Someone has to lol.

    Is it strange that I like it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maths is good because it has rules and is logical. Most of the time.

    When did !s start being part of equations btw?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Year 13 Statistics. I like that the calculator has a '!' button that does all the work for you :).

    I'm starting to hate the rules. We studied the rules of factors and remainders today and used almost every letter of the alphabet as variables. Not. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, well that explains a lot. I never noticed the ! button :S We have tables that do all the work for us, I think I'd actually prefer the formula though.

    Ouch, that's a lot of variables. How could you possibly need that many?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well in answer to your question, it was all in the lecture lol. And now you see why I love logic so much :)

    ReplyDelete