Welcome

Welcome to my blog
WARNING:
There is a posibility that there will be many rants filling these pages
Have a great day:D

Monday, August 30, 2010

Door-to-door salespeople

What is today, National Door-to-door day? It's only 11:30am and I've already had 2.

One was trying to sell me a cellphone (of which I said I already had two and I had to assure him that everyone else in the household also has one. And no they don't want to change providers). And to make it worse the idiot got me out of bed whilst I was enjoying a sleep in.

And then the fun begins. I get a Jehovah's Witness family knock on the door, complete with a little kid. Thinking It must be important (and not knowing what they were trying to sell to me) I stupidly answered the door. Turns out last month or whatever my mum accepted some magazines or some crap (and I know she probably did that so they would leave her alone). I tried to tell him "Sorry we aren't interested", but he insisted I take them.

Then the mother pipes up
Mother: Are you sick
Me: No I'm on holiday
Mother: Oh do you go to uni?
Me: Yep

Mother: What do you study? (At this point I just wanted them to leave)
Me: Maths.


Well, what would you know, they were gone so quickly after that. I think I found the perfect door-to-door salesperson deterrent. Next time I might add that I think I have swine, so I won't have to waste 10 seconds of my life chucking the magazines in the bin and they will run for the hills.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with religion, believe what you want. Each to their own and all that. Just don't expect me to join when you come knocking on my door trying to sell it to me.

1 comment:

  1. Lolololololol
    Maths: the ultimate weapon :D
    You could have slammed the door in their faces, or would that be too mean?
    We usually blast some metal or something to try and scare people away. Can't get rid of the Mormons though.

    ReplyDelete