So I am feeling slightly patriotic today, while at the same time feeling slightly unpatriotic today. I suppose that is the Gemini within coming out.
So today was ANZAC day. Friday was Poppy Day and in true Lambton Quay form there were service people every few metres selling poppies. I did my part and got one. Only to find out tonight while watching the news I had it on the wrong side. Oops. And this morning I slept in until lunchtime, whist many thousands of people braved the cold to go to a dawn service of which I have never been to one. Or watched on TV. I imagine if we were more patriotic (not as bad as the Americans mind you, they take it to the extreme) that everyone, or at least a few more people would discard their nice warm bed for one morning a year. Don't get me wrong, I love NZ, I just love my bed and sleep more, so shoot me.
So anyway that's just something that I was thinking about today. As well as that I have decided that I am going to try to write more regularly, to get things off my chest and out of my mind so hopefully I will get more sleep rather than lying awake at 3am knowing my alarm is going off in 4 hours.
Quote of the Day: Karaoke bars combine two of the nation's greatest evils: people who shouldn't drink with people who shouldn't sing.
Lol I realized you had worn it on the wrong side while I was watching the news too.
ReplyDeleteI'm not crazy!!
I'm slightly creeped out that a) you noticed in the first place and b) you remembered.
ReplyDeleteYou are crazy.