So March 2010 was officially my first month at uni, because lets face it, O-Week doesn't really count. We only had 31 days before holidays, which at first seemed insane to me, but I think us uni students deserve it. In the 31 days that was March, I endured 5 weeks of lectures, tutorials, labs, crowded places, and public transport. And this was just during the times when I was actually at or going to/from uni. During my free time I was either working, studying, doing assignments or procrastinating the above or sleeping. What a life!
Just on a deeper level I don't think I've ever felt so isolated and lonely. Sure there are a million people around me and I often run into people I know, but it's not the same.
I miss laughing with my friends about anything and nothing. But most of all I think I miss talking. Some days I spend all day not saying a word (except the odd 'thank you' or 'excuse me'). A couple of weeks ago I went to speak up in a Maths tute and my voice was actually croaky from not speaking.
Anyways, all that stuff is depressing me just thinking about it. Surely there must be some positives that came out of March...
I'm still thinking.....
Oh I got one. I finally don't get completely lost in town. I made it all the way from where Taylor's mum parked her car to Courtney Place whilst knowing where I was at all times. I am now a lot more independent and have learnt to not rely on other people so much. I faced my fear of falling down while climbing down to the river(climbing up again was a different story and I have a souvenir to prove it)
Oh and it turns out that April is shaping up to be an even shittier month. But more on that once I have more details of it's shittiness. This makes me sad, because April should be a good month with Easter to start it all off and Jimeon to end it on a high, but all that is being overshadowed by all the shittiness shit going on in my life right now that is making me want to curl up in bed forever and be absorbed in the fictional worlds in books. It's making me glad that I'm not working next week. How can so much shittiness occur within 4 days that is supposed to be filled with chocolate and not worrying about uni stuff? And how can so much shittiness happen in a 9 hour shift at work where this beautiful couple were celebrating their love for each other and the staff were brought out and sung to (You are my Sunshine), as a Maori custom because apparently the behinds the scenes people are somehow more important than the couple that actually got married (note I didn't agree with this point, but it was nice that all our hard work was acknowledged).
Apologies for the above paragraph making no sense at all. But after all it is my blog and I'll say whatever I want.
Hope you are having a great day, because mine sucks.
Fuck them all!
ReplyDeleteFuckers.